“You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
So a lot of things have happened since I lasted post. Let’s enumerate some excellent examples.
1) The website got moved to subalterngames.com. I am mostly sure I am redirecting everything properly, but if that is not the case, please email me.
2) The website looks WAY better.
3) I quit my job.
Let’s chat about that last item since it is really the most important as far as game development is concerned.
Until October 18th, I was working part-time as a middle school math teacher. However, recent interest in Neocolonialism convinced me that now is the time to attempt full-time development.
If you were at my Boston Indies talk in September, you may recall my general dissatisfaction with modern game. I really like Neocolonialism as both a video game and as a means of making the world a better place, and it is my sincere hope to not just to make an excellent final build of this game, but to set out on the road towards making Subaltern Games a non-profit devoted to quality educational games.
Regardless, here are some things you can certainly expect from me now that I am working full-time on development:
- More frequent, more polished updates. Expect a functional game. Expect a prettier game. Expect a beta release in 3 months.
- More posts on this blog, especially those that aren’t just release announcements. I miss rambling. I’m aiming for once a week now.
- Way more public playtesting
- A cool youtube video
And some more things that I could potentially do:
- Kickstarter (which would allow for a much more polished final build and a happier me)
- iPad release
- An AI that is a little more clever
- A place at PAX East
Overall, these are very exciting times. Keep checking the site for news.