Hey everyone. Big news.
Well, then. Turns out:
- We’ve been working on NPLB non-stop since the Kickstarter ended.
- We have been funded by a publisher–Mastertronic.
- We will have an open alpha ready for you in a few months.
We have made a TON of changes to the game. First off, we replaced ALL of the artwork.
We also added CHILDREN to the game. CHILDREN have a zillion different traits and complex social networks–they are total pains in the ass to deal with.
Other new features:
- Story Mode. Each school district in the city of New Bellona has a unique problem–if you solve its problem, you take over the school.
- Schoolbuses that travel through hyperspace gates.
- Parents. Parents can heckle you with demands. You can do what they want (difficult) or ignore them (expensive).
- Supplies. These work with our magic spell system similarly to how gem stones work in ARPGs: add supply such as an Abacus (cheap) or a Calculator (expensive) to a math spell to enhance it. But, they are expensive.
- Lasers. Teachers can zap children with lasers like “De-friender Bolt” (cheap) or “Anti-Bully Beam” (expensive) in order to directly interact with them.
Too long; didn’t read:* We are funded, have vastly improved the game, and will finish some time towards the end of the year.
*TL;DR for those for whom it really is, and really didn’t