Based in Boston, MA, Earth
You are a banker. You want to extract as much wealth from the world as possible--or, at least, more than everyone else. You will manipulate the global economy in order to siphon money into your secret Swiss bank account. Whoever has the most Swiss money in 12 turns wins the game. Play solo against the AI or multiplayer against people who will imminently cease to be your friends.
Once upon a time, Seth graduated from college and, while looking for employment, started to work on Neocolonialism, despite having had only minimal coding experience. He eventually got a part-time job as a teacher, but quit after six months--partly out of digust with the callous administration, and partly because he felt he could teach better through games. In October 2012, Subaltern Games became his full-time job. Seth wrote out his business plan at a diner with the crayons and coloring-book-paper that they usually reserve for kids (really) and filmed his first promo video with an iPhone, using a ladder as a tripod, in a basement. He successfully Kickstart'd the project for $10K in January 2013 and released the game in November 2013.
- Buy votes.
- Enact exploitative free trade agreements.
- Backstab your friends.
- Manipulate the IMF.
- Ruin everything.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Indie Megabooth" PAX East 2013
- "A gloriously horrible portrayal of corporate politics and bastardly big-wiggery."
- Adam Smith, RockPaperShotgun
- "…it’s hard to turn down the chance to be a powerful, amoral, behind-the-scenes conspirator and exploiter.."
- Jesse Singal, Boston Globe
- "[A] brilliantly nasty imperialism simulator"
- Konstantinos Dimopoulos, Gnome's Lair
- "Many strategy games have featured traditional colonialism and warfare but few have explored the brutal reality of greed and indirect political control in the 21st century."
- Games for Change, Games for Change
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Subaltern Games
Subaltern Games makes satirical leftist games. They are a motley crew. Seth, the Captain of Industry (me, the person writing this), is the only full-time worker.
More information on Subaltern Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Captain of Industry