Based in Boston, MA, Earth
February 18 2016
In No Pineapple Left Behind, you have to run a school full of children. Children have lots of wants, needs, and feelings. That's a problem, because if they don't pay attention in class and get low grades, your school loses money. However, you can turn children into pineapples. All that pineapples do is take tests and get grades. They do not have feelings and are not people, but they are much simpler to handle, and therefore much cheaper.
Seth used to be a teacher, and, disgusted by how the school mistreated his students, quit his job to make a game about the ongoing crisis in public education. He has a B.A. in history. His team is the rag-tag-est crew you will ever find, and spans three continents. NPLB used to have a publisher, but they went bankrupt, which ended up being a total windfall (long story). For the two years of development, there have only been lucky breaks, sudden upsets, crises, epiphanies, and shenanigans.
- Nine different schools, each with unique features and challenges
- Manage the school's curriculum, students, and staff without going bankrupt
- Cast magic spells like "Trigonomancy" or "Covalency" to teach students
- Dehumanize students in order to improve grades
- Work teachers to exhaustion and then fire them
- Dismantle the teacher's union
- A sport called Fruitbol in which children throw pineapples at each other
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Indie Megabooth" GDC 2015
- "What sounds breezy on the surface is pretty damned dark with any analysis. I’m looking forward to/dreading trying this."
- Alec Meer, RockPaperShotgun
- "No Pineapple Left Behind is an adorable and deeply depressing look at the US school system."
- Emanuel Maiberg, Motherboard
- "Im a student myself going into middle school and i think is a exact replica of real school and i do realize that the teacher job is to teach and make usdo everything correct and we dont have time to have fun beacuase we need to learn in life to help us in the futer but i think we should do stuff thats more fun,any ways the game is fun and cant wait for more updates"
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
A Marxist strategy game. Our first release. store.steampowered.com.
Jade Helm 15
A free board game about the 2015 US invasion of Texas. subalterngames.com.
About Subaltern Games
Subaltern Games makes satirical leftist games. They are a motley crew. Seth, the Captain of Industry (me, the person writing this), is the only full-time worker.
More information on Subaltern Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
No Pineapple Left Behind Credits
Captain of Industry
Captain of Industry
Miguel Gomez Selva
Animator, Concept Artist, Guru
Professional GUI Wizard
Concept Artist, Environment Artist